Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 9 - Back At It!

Hard to believe today was the start of my second week here. My one rest day went too fast that's for sure. Here is my schedule and menu for today.

6:15 a.m. Hike Descriptions

6:30 a.m. Leave for Hike
Since today is the first hike for all the new guests today's hike was another assessment hike to determine which group everyone will be put into. Since I was a stay over guest my group this morning was all stay over guests. I didn't care for our hike this morning as it was again miles and miles of walking in nothing but sand. I didn't burn that many calories either on this hike so that was kind of a downer for me. I got through the hike and tried to keep positive talk in my head and keep all the negative talk away.

9:30 a.m. Breakfast

This is the green frittata we had for breakfast. I enjoyed it and it as really filling!

10:15 a.m. Mountain
I kicked butt in this class today. Once again I picked the treadmill as my cardio machine for this exercise. If you don't remember mountain is where we have 12 levels and we have to increase our speed every level. I felt really strong running during this exercise and was able to run at a fast speed for a much longer time today which was so exciting. I felt great after and hope to push myself even more on Wednesday when we repeat this class.

11: 15 a.m. Stretch

12: 15 p.m. Lunch

This corn bread was amazing. Again the old me would have eaten 3 or 4 of these with a bunch of butter on it!
This chili was amazing. I will be making this at home as it filled me up and was so tasty.

1:45 p.m. Open Gym
Now that I'm in my second week I don't have to attend the lectures that take place during this time. Open gym is meant for us to pick any activity we want to do and use this hour to do that. Catherine, Daniel and I decided to go on a bike ride since they have bikes here we can use. We toured around the neighbourhood and had a great time. We biked at total of 12km which was great!

2:30 p.m. Core Training
We had a new instructor for this class today and I didn't find the exercises that we did as tough as last week. Don't get me wrong my abs were still killing but I preferred what we did last week instead.

3:30 p.m. Deep Water Suspension
Our instructor killed us in the pool today. My legs were on fire and my arms too. I'm starting to enjoy the pool exercises a little more now as it still gives you a great work out but is easier on your body and joints.

4:30 p.m. Circuit Training
My favourite class was saved until the end today. I burn a lot of calories in this class as we integrate cardio and weight lifting together. I've upped my weights today to push myself a little more.

5: 30 p.m. Dinner

Dinner was chicken with mustard potatoes, which were delicious!

Pineapple skewer for dessert!

Michael, Ashely & Koli from season 9 of the Biggest Loser arrived today. After dinner tonight they each spoke and answered any questions any of the guests had. They gave some really great advice and all of them look amazing.

From left to right: Koli, Michael, Ashely

I sat across from Ashley at lunch and introduced myself to her. She asked if I was of the trainers here which was a nice complement. None of them are in my group for the week so I won't be working out with them but I will be seeing them around the site that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment