Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 4

I can't believe it's day 4 already. Today we got our butts kicked big time. Our schedule today was very intense with 3 hours of hard classes in the afternoon. My body is starting to feel all the activities we have been doing over the past 3 days. The hikes are amazing but are a hard work out with all the climbing we do. Today I also found myself very hungry and almost starving by dinner. Once I ate I felt great and was fine for the rest of the night. I'm loving my new watch as I find myself pushing myself in classes or on the hikes to try an burn more calories......this was such a great investment. I can't wait to use it when I get back to work to see how many calories I burn in a day while at work.........I have a feeling it's not going to be very many but it will be interesting to see.

So I know your all wanting to know what today consisted of so here is my schedule & meal plan for the day:


6:20 a.m. Hike Descriptions

6:30 a.m. Leave for Hike
Another amazing hike this morning. It was hard as we pretty much climbed the mountain you see in the picture below from bottom to top. There was also a lot of sand trails we had to walk through that made it even more challenging. Once we got to the top all the sweat and hard work was worth it. I've posted a few pictures below from the top of the mountain.

This is what we had to hike up today ...........yes that's right I hiked to the top of this bloody thing.

I know this picture looks fake as it looks too perfect but trust me this was the view from the top ............just breathtaking.

Me and some of my hiking buddies proud to have reached the top.

Just to show you how high up it was ............look in the parking lot an you will see a little white thing that was our van.

9:30 a.m. Breakfast

Another great breakfast........this was made with natural peanut butter and it was delicious......going to make the switch to this when I get home

10:15 a.m. Lecture
Another lecture regarding emotional eating. These lectures just put things into perspective and give us way to accomplish our goals.

11:15 a.m. Circuit
Hard work out in the circuit class. Once again we started on a cardio machine for 2 minutes at a high speed then switched to a weight machine and had to do as many reps as we could in 45 seconds. Then we got a 30 second break and then repeated another 45 seconds of the same exercise. Then we switched back to a cardio machine for 2 minutes and kept repeating this for the whole 50 minute class. My arms were burning like crazy after this one.

12:35 p.m. Lunch

I'm enjoying the soups we have been eating at lunch........today we had pumpkin soup.

Yummy pizza.......really enjoyed this as well

1:15 p.m. Lecture: Emotional Eating

2:30 p.m. Kickboxing
This class made my arms hurt more. Since I have done a couple kickboxing classes at home I kind of knew what to expect and it was a great workout.

3:30 p.m. Mountain
So I decided to use the recumbent bike for this class as my blister was getting a little sore and my legs were tired as well. I thought the bike might be a nice change to do this exercise. Well I was wrong.......I think the treadmill would have been easier as I'm used to running and better at it. If you remember from my previous post this class involves doing 12 3 minutes intervals and each time increasing our resistance on the machine. Well the instructor made us at end at the max resistance on the bike and my legs were burning like crazy. This exercise made me realize how I've only been training in one area and that is running..........I think some cross training will be entering into my training schedule because I almost died on that stupid bike. I made it to the end but my legs were rubber.

4:30 p.m. H20 Circuit
I was tired by this point and not really into this class as it was in the pool. I could have pushed it harder but I kind of slacked in this class. It basically involved weight resistant training in the pool mixed with some laps for cardio

5:45 p.m. Dinner
Today is my birthday and of course it was acknowledge at dinner time. I had about 50 people sign happy birthday to me which was very nice but also embarrassing. This is the healthiest birthday I have ever had and I feel great.........was a wonderful way to start off 29.

I'm not a big fan of salmon but this was so yummy and full of Omega 3

They even put a candle in my dessert for my birthday. Even though it wasn't cake the fruit was delicious.

6:15 p.m. Lecture: Intuitive Eating
Another great lecture.

Tomorrow we have the big stop sign route that everyone always talks about. It's a 4.3 mile route that is totally up hill. Looks like I will be getting my hill training in tomorrow. Hope to get up that hill in under an hour but we will see how I make out.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes.........it has been a wonderful day.

Off to bed I go because 5:45 a.m. comes way too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment