Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 5

Another jammed packed day of intense workouts...........feel great tonight but I'm not going to lie my body is feeling all this exercise and my poor feet are taking a beating. I have one really bad blister and a couple small ones that I'm trying to fix before they get worse. I ended up taping my feet with some athletic tape I bought from the shop here and that help me get through all the activities today.

Here is our schedule & meal plan for the day:


6:20 a.m. Hike Descriptions

6:30 a.m. Leave for Hike
Today was the day we finally did the "Stop Sign Route" that everyone always talks about here at Fitness Ridge. It's a 4.3 mile route that takes your from 3100 feet to 4300 feet, so pretty much one never ending hill. My goal was to make it to the top of this thing in under an hour so I started out running my 10 and 1's. The bottom portion had some hills but weren't that bad. About 30 minutes into my run all of a sudden it was all up hill and hard. I had to walk up the 2nd half and my legs and butt were on fire. Once I could see the stop sign I ran up the last portion of the hill and finished in 56 minutes. My body was sore from our work outs the day before so I'm happy with my time considering today is Thursday and many of us are starting to feel all the work we have done over the past 3 days. Here's a picture of me at the famous stop sign.
Once I got to the top of the hill we still had another hour to burn so we hike out to the top of the ridge and took this great picture of me and some of my hiking group.

9:30 a.m. Breakfast
Breakfast was great with a tasty bacon & egg sandwich


10:15 a.m. Stretch
I really needed stretch class today after running that stop sign route. My legs were on fire and really need to be stretched. I felt like a million bucks after this class and was ready for the rest of the day.

11:15 a.m. Gym Class
This class was fun. A bunch of us walked over to a park a couple blocks over from Fitness Ridge and played kickball. It was so nice to play a fun game and play as a team. It was so amazing to see a lady who didn't really want to go up to kick get a home run for our time. This place really makes people realize that they have it within themselves to do anything. Lots of emotions flying around this place when people accomplish something they thought they couldn't do.

12:25 pm. Lunch

Greek Pita & Salad. The salad was amazing but I wasn't a big fan of the pita as it had olives in it and I don't care for those.
I was so excited when I saw we were having French Onion soup for lunch but I was so disappointed......tasted nothing like French Onion soup to me.

1:15 p.m. Lecture: Cooking Demo
Another great lecture reviewing different brands of food the Chef uses for the meals we eat here to help us out when we are shopping at home.

2:30 p.m. Total Body H20
This class got canceled as it looked like a storm was approaching so instead we got to do a weight circuit in the gym. I was ok with this as the pool classes aren't my favourite and lifting weights I love.

3:30 p.m. Ball Works
Since we were suppose to have swimming before this class and not weights we were lucky ones who had to do weights for a 2nd time but this time on the ball. My arms were burning after this class but it kept me burning lots of calories which is great.

4:30 p.m. Treading
This is the one class that everyone has been dreading. Everyone had to sign up for a cardio machine earlier in the week. I picked the treadmill as I really want to improve on my running while I'm here not realizing I would have blisters on my feet the day we needed to do this. What treading involves is for 5 minutes on your machine you need to push yourself to your max. After the 5 minutes you get a 5 minute recover period. Once that 5 minutes is up you push yourself to the max and go for 4 minutes, which is followed by a 4 minuted recovery period, then 3 minutes at your max followed by a 3 minute recover period. You keep doing these intervals until you get down to 1 minute at your max. Well this exercise kicked by butt but it pushed me like crazy. I have never run as fast as I did until today on that treadmill. The trainer really pushed us to push our limits and I did. At one point I thought I couldn't go any further but she kept screaming and pushing us to the very end. I was exhausted at the end but it felt amazing. She recommends we do this exercise once a week as it really helps you to improve your cardio and endurance big time.

5:15 p.m. Dinner

This is the type of meal I would eat at home all the time. I love chicken, rice & broccoli so I really enjoyed this meal. The only difference really is the portion size I would normally eat.

Peach Cobbler for dessert.........yummy!

6:15 p.m. Lecture: Increasing your income

I burned over 4000 calories today as of 7:00 p.m. tonight so it was a great day. I got my heart rate up very high during training so I know I was pushing myself to my limits today. I know that my limits will increase over the next week as I'm getting stronger every day. Only 1.5 days until we get a rest day......looking forward to recovering on Sunday and gearing up for one more week of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment