Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 2 - I SURVIVED

Today was my first full day at Fitness Ridge and I'm happy to report I survived and I feel great! My day started with our alarm going off at 5:45 a.m. and has been non stop until 7:00 p.m.

Here was our schedule for the day:

6:15 a.m. Hike Descriptions

6:30 a.m. Leave for Hike
We were all divided up into groups this morning for our hike. This is the hike where the group leaders were going to assess us and determine what hiking group we would be placed in for the rest of the week. I had an amazing time on this hike, the scenery is just beautiful and the weather was perfect. We ended up hiking for 2 hours which was about 9km.
9:30 a.m. Breakfast
I was ready to eat when we got back from our hike and breakfast was amazing.



10:15 a.m. Stretch
Stretch class was great as I was still feeling a little stiff from my 26km run on the treadmill in Vegas the other day. We spend about 50 min stretching which was wonderful and helped losing everything up again.

11:15 a.m. Mountain
This was an interesting class. Everyone had to get on a cardio machine. I decided to do the treadmill as I really want to work on improving my running while I'm here. We did a little warm up and then we had to pick a starting speed. Then every 3 minutes we had to increase our speed or incline and run at that speed or incline for 3 minutes and we had to repeat this 12 times. So I basically started running at 4.0 on the treadmill and ended running my last 3 minutes at 8.0. This was a tough work out but I felt great after it.

12:25 p.m. Lunch
When lunch arrived I wasn't even hungry. I didn't care for the soup as it was a little spicy for me. The turkey sandwich was really though and I was full after lunch.


1:00 p.m. First week guest announcements

1:15 p.m. Lecture: Budget
This is where we learned about Calories In vs. Calories Out. We also learned how to calculate our RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate). This is how many calories your body burns on its own on a daily basis with out doing any additional exercise. To loss one pound you need to burn 3,500 calories. So we all did our calculations on how many calories we need to burn which was fun.

2:30 p.m. Deep Water Suspension
It was great to get in the pool and cool off. I haven't done any swimming in a long time and I could really feel the laps we did and the exercises throughout the class. Although it was nice to get into the pool this was my least favourite class of the day.

3:30 p.m. Circuit Training
My favourite class of the day. Cardio and weight training at once. All the machines are numbered in the gym and you start on a cardio machine and push it hard for 2 minutes then switch to a weight machine and do any many reps you can do in 45 seconds, then we got a 30 second break and then did as many reps as we could again for another 45 seconds. Once time was up you moved to another cardio machine and did that for another 2 minutes. You just kept repeating this for 50 minutes.

4:30 p.m. Core Training
Another great hard class. I really wanted to work on strengthening my core and will after that class I think I got what I asked for. I think my abs will be sore tomorrow for sure.

5:15 p.m. Dinner
Dinner was so yummy...........and the dessert was to die for. Today I felt very satisfied with all the food and felt great.



6:15 p.m. Lecture: Spending your calories wisely
This was a great lecture on what foods we need to be eating and which ones we need to stay away from.

Overall it was an amazing day and I'm really looking forward to another great hike in the morning and another packed day of fitness and great food.



No comments:

Post a Comment