Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 6

Sorry for the delay on getting this updated posted. I didn't have the energy to write this up last night when I got back to the room and opted to go to sleep instead. Another great/hard day at the ridge. Here's my schedule & menu for today.



6:20 a.m. Hike Descriptions

6:30 a.m. Leave for Hike
Today my group had to hike White Rock. Some of the hiking guides consider this to me one of the hardest hikes. The hike started out amazing........again the scenery was unbelievable and we were climbing some crazy rock and walking on very narrow ledges, it was so much fun. I just loved the first half of the hike but once we got half way it pretty much turned into walking through sand for an hour and 20 minutes with no beach in site. Basically the second half sucked big time. Lots of people like the hike but I had a negative attitude at the 2nd part and let that get the best of me. I just wanted to be done with this hike as I was legs were burning, I had so much sand in my shoes and the sun was hot. I burned lots of calories on this hike which was great but I won't be signing up for that one anytime soon if I don't have to.

This is a group picture once we reached the top of one of the mountains.

Me at the very top of our climb!

9:30 a.m. Breakfast

I took a spoonful of the parfait that was served for breakfast but I wasn't in the mood for this so I asked if I could have the cereal instead so I ate that. I forgot to take a picture of the cereal as I was starving and needed to eat after that crazy hike.

10:15 a.m. Free Weights Workshop

11:15 a.m. Stretch
Still loving this class after our long hikes.........I'm going to make a recommendation that every group have this class every day as it just makes you feel so much better after all the hard work we've been doing.

12:15 a.m. Lunch

I didn't like the Parsnip soup so I only had a couple spoonfuls.

Chicken Cesar Salad was very yummy.

1:15 p.m. Lecture: Prep for next week at Fitness Ridge


2:30 p.m. Circuit Training
Still loving this class but today I couldn't push it as hard on the cardio as I wore my legs out on the treadmill yesterday in the treading class. I worked hard on the weights though.

3:30 p.m. Zumba
Ok.........I can officially say that I have participated in a Zumba class and that I'm horrible at it. The instructors were amazing and the music was so much fun but I was totally lost through the hole thing. I just ended up making my own moves up at some points as I just couldn't catch on. I wasn't the only one like this in the class but we all had a great time. Don't think this will be apart of my exercise routine when I get home.

4:30 p.m. Liquid moves
Last class of the day and we got to play some games in the pool. Our group is very competitive so the game go a little rough at times but we had a great time. It was such a fun way to end the week.

5:45 p.m. Dinner

These turkey burgers were amazing..........I will be making these when I get home for sure.
I had a couple spoonfuls of the sorbet but I didn't care for it so I didn't eat it. Way eat the calories when you don't love it.

6:00 p.m.
After dinner Heba from the Biggest Loser from season 6 spoke to the group about her journey and experience on the Biggest Loser. She answered any questions any of the guests had and it was wonderful to learn more about her experiences and some behind the scenes info about the show. She also signed some pictures for anyone who wanted one and took pictures with us as well. Here's a picture of me and Heba.

After Heba's talk I did some laundry and sat outside under the gazebo's for a little and read my book. The evenings are beautiful here so I wanted to enjoy some down time. We also setup a little movie theatre outside and some of us watched a movie. I didn't last through the whole thing and opted to come back to the room and get some sleep.

Only one more early morning and then 1.5 days of rest!


No comments:

Post a Comment