Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 13

I know I'm a couple days behind updating this so I apologize to all of you who have been waiting to hear about my daily activities. This morning was an early morning as I booked myself in for a 5:30 a.m. appointment to get my RMR test done. This test determines how many calories your body burns on a daily basis just to function. My body burns just under 1900 calories per day just to function so if I were to stay in bed for a whole 24 hours my body would still burn 1900 calories without me doing anything. The test took about 10 minutes to complete (thank goodness) because they plug your nose with a clamp and then you have to breath into a tub. I panicked at first because I wasn't able to breath out of my nose but I focused on something in the room and that got me through the test. Once the test was complete it was time for me to start my final full day of activities.

Here is my schedule & meal plan for the day (sorry I forgot to take a picture of the menu board but I remember pictures of the food)!

6:20 a.m. Hike Descriptions

6:30 a.m. Leave for Hike
Well today was our day to repeat the stop sign route. Last week I was able to make it to the top in 57 minutes. I really wanted to beat my time so I push myself hard on this run. I'm happy to report that I shaved 5 minutes off my time and finished in 51 minutes. I was hoping to finish under 50 minutes but I was at the front of the pack and had no one around me to keep my going but myself. I think if I had someone beside me pushing me a little more I could have made it. I told Catherine I need to stay here another week so I can repeat the stop sign route and get under 50 minutes because I know I can do it. Catherine rocked this route today and I can't wait to she her time for next week.

9:30 a.m. Breakfast


10:15 a.m. Open Gym
A bunch of us went to the park and played kickball. This is such a fun group activity and it allows us to get a little break from the intense classes in the gym.

11:15 a.m. Cardio Intervals
I opted for a bike today as my one leg is always a little tender after a treading class. I still find when I really push myself my body doesn't like me right after but I know I need to get comfortable with being uncomfortable. This is a saying they use here at the Ridge.

12:25 p.m. Lunch
Before lunch I had another test done to test my VO2 Max. This test determines at what heart rate level you burn the most calories. This is great information that I will be able to incorporate into my training for my marathon.

Potato Broccoli Soup
Sloppy Joes......another favourite of mine.

1:15 p.m. Budget Review
All departing guests had another refresher on Calories In vs. Calories Out. It's simple math and if you follow it you will be successful. I have the worksheets we used to bring home to share with my friends and family so don't worry I will share all the knowledge I have learned here over the past 2 weeks with you.

2:30 p.m. Zumba
Once again, I suck at Zumba. The routine was the same as last week so I remembered a few steps but over all I suck and I will not be adding this to my exercise program when I get home.

3:30 p.m. Liquid Moves
Since it was Friday afternoon we got to enjoy a game of pool volleyball, which was lots of fun.

4:30 p.m. Circuit Training
This was my last circuit class here at the ridge. I pushed it hard and got a great "last chance" workout I guess you could say.

5:30 Dinner

My taste buds must be changing because this salmon burger was amazing!


After dinner Catherine, Daniel, Robert & I went to see Eat, Pray, Love. Going to the movies now is quite funny when all of us are guessing the calories that are in the popcorn with 3 layers of butter added. I was good and took an apple and ate that as my movie snack. I don't have a desire for any of that junk food anymore as I realize how long and hard you have to work to burn those calories off.

No comments:

Post a Comment