Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 8 - Rest Day


So today was my morning to sleep in since today was a rest day for us. We had a pretty wicked storm last night and the power went out around 3:00 a.m. I believe and didn't come back on until 3:00 p.m. this afternoon. The walls are paper thin here so you hear everything your neighbour beside and above does so it's easy to wake up. I woke up around 5:30 a.m. and was in and out of sleep until 7:30 a.m. when I decided to get up. I've been told they normally serve a waffle for breakfast on Sunday mornings so I was so looking forward to a waffle and real maple syrup. Since we had no hydro it was cereal and rice milk this morning for breakfast.

After breakfast a bunch of us just sat outside under the gazebo and read our books and magazines. It was overcast and started to rain for awhile but cleared up and the sun came out around after all. A bunch of us wanted to get off the site for the afternoon and go see a movie. So Robert one of my friends here rented a car for the week and took myself, Catherine and my friend Daniel to the movies and Costco this afternoon. It was so nice to get off the site and just do some normal things. I have to admit it was very hard walking into that movie theatre this afternoon and smelling that popcorn and not being able to buy any. We all took an apple and munched on that during the movie. I found it also difficult to pass up all the samples at Costco but we all did. It was a good test for all us use and a reminder of how hard it's going to be once we leave this safe place. We did find a lot of the food products they serve here at Costco so I will be making a trip there when I get home to stock up on all these yummy items.

On Sunday's for lunch we are provided with a brown paper bag lunch. This lunch consisted of some soup, some chicken salad on a sandwich thin, an apple and some carrots and cumber.

Dinner tonight was wonderful. We had broccoli with chicken spaghetti squash, which would be a typical meal I would make at home for sure.


I didn't eat the dessert tonight as I didn't like it very much

Tonight was also the first meal where we got to meet all the new guests. Everyone seems really nice and I look forward to getting to know them more over the next week. Since we are stay over guests we didn't have to say for the lecture after dinner so we decided to take in another movie.

It has been a great fun day and hopefully all this lightening that is still going on outside clears up in time for our hike in the morning. I really don't want to be stuck on a cardio machine for 2.5 hours if the hike gets canceled.

Now time for bed so I can get ready to push myself to the limits again this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment