Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 7

Today was a nice 1/2 day of exercise. Here is my schedule & meal plan for the day:


6:30 a.m. Leave for Hike
On Saturday's you have a choice of signing up for a hike or staying back to do a 2.5 hour cardio workout in the gym. Catherine and I decided to sign up for the West Canyon hike as this is a trail about 8 miles long that we could run. We needed to run 12 miles this morning as part of our marathon training. We were planning on running the 8 at West Canyon and then finish the last 4 on the treadmill. There was a lot of lighting this morning so the hikes got canceled, which meant we ended up running our 12 miles on the treadmill. My knees were very sore today from all the hard work I have done that past week so I really slowed my run down this morning. After about 25 minutes my legs felt much better and was able to speed it up a little but I still wanted to have a slow long run. Happy that is over with for the week!

9:30 a.m. Breakfast


This is the granola cereal they make, which is served with almond milk. I will be switching to almond milk when I get home so yummy and healthier for you.

10:30 a.m. Total Body H20
We ended up playing volleyball in the pool. We had lots of fun and was a great team game.

12:30 p.m. Lunch

I didn't like I would like the Roasted Red Pepper soup but it was very tasty and not spicy.
The Asian Chicken Wrap was wonderful but I didn't like the salad that was served with it. The soup and wrap filled me up so I wasn't worried.

1:00 - 5:00 Free Time/Rest Time
Finally I was able to take a nap this afternoon. I slept for about 1.5 hours which felt amazing. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon outside enjoying the weather reading magazines and chatting with some of the friends I have made her.

5:30 p.m. Dinner

Tamales.......it was ok not my favourite meal

Banana Cream Pie for Dessert

6:00 p.m. Graduation
Every week they make a video of different highlights over the week. They have a videographer who goes around all week taking footage of us doing all the different activities. People can also submit their pictures they have taken to be added to this video. We watch the video and it was wonderful to see again so for the amazing moments that had happened over the week and all the hard work that we all went through. Each of us get a copy of this dvd as a keepsake which is great. Also guests who attend every class and lecture get rewarded with either a t-shirt, hat, gym bag or jacket depending on what week your on.

After graduation a bunch of us went and played laser tag in town. I was wonderful to get of this site and go and do a fun activity with everyone. It was a way another work out because you sweat like crazy in that place as your running around the whole time.

Lots of the friends I have made here are leaving tomorrow morning so we had to say our goodbyes tonight. One of my friends Pam lives in Chicago so we are going to try and meet up when I'm in Chicago for the marathon in October. With a lot of people leaving in the morning that means their will be a lot of new faces arriving tomorrow. I found out yesterday that Michael, Ashley & Koli from the latest session of the Biggest Loser will be arriving tomorrow and staying for the week. I'm so excited to meet them and spend the week working out with them.

Tomorrow is a rest day so I won't be doing much and I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment